So, I haven't updated this blog with any information as to how we are proceeding with our adoption. I guess that is because I am a "completed project" kind of person. To me the journey is long and laborious and often very messy. I am a self made perfectionist and might be described as organized. But I have to balance that with a tendency to be lazy, shy and easily overwhelmed. I see a project and have to look at it several times before I can actually absorb it. Like my son, I am a "slow to warm" learner. I feel much better dealing with someone face to face rather than over the phone. I have a life long phone phobia. I don't always ask questions and get very agreeable before people that I just assume are smarter than me. I deal with things mostly with the attitude of "it is what it is" as opposed to "what should it be, what can I make it be". With that in mind, please be patient with me. The purpose of this blog is to keep my readers (mainly people who know me, and love me anyway) updated.
To date we have:
-Applied with our agency and were accepted.
-Completed the policy paperwork for our agency.
-Completed the homestudy paperwork for our homestudy.
-Completed our homestudy.
-Turned in 99.9% of our dossier paperwork.
-Have been put on the waitlist as #14 for an infant girl.
This last hurdle should be a huge success but as you probably noticed there are still a smidgen of stuff to complete before we can be officially done with our dossier. Okay I am totally excited to be on the waitlist! I am just trying to psyche myself up for the rest of the journey. It is going to be a long one, but well worth the wait!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Anne,
Congratulations!!!! You are on your way, # 14 for a baby girl!!! I am so excited for you!! We started out at # 13 for an infant girl and # 8 for infant boy. I was pretty sure given the numbers that we would be referred a boy. Today, we are # 3 boy and #4 girl, it has been 4 1/2 months on the list. Now we are really excited to know if God has a son or daughter for us! Prayerfully soon.
We are so excited for you! We keep praying......
Post a Comment