Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter 2009

Grammy and Papa

My sister Laurel and Rowan eating sopapillas w/ whip cream and cherries!

More Sopapilla Fun!

Hmm??? These are the only photos I took that night? Oh, I remember this was a tiny window of sanity that occurred post-tray and drinks trauma and pre-lost children in a crowd of hundreds trauma....GOOD TIMES!
These photos are of our first night together with my older sister, Laurel, and her husband, Shawn, and three of her kids, Justice, Tearsa and Irelynn, along with my parents and my little sister Elaine. In these photos we are at a lovely little restaurant here in Lakewood called Casa Bonita's. Casa Bonita's is just about the weirdest/coolest/most nerve wracking/scary/ awesome place you could just about imagine. I have been going since I was a kid and it's still an adventure every time. Only now, instead of experiencing the thrill of the cliff divers or the joys of the cave (post bean burritos...great idea whoever came up with that one) I have the thrill of chasing my three kids while balancing a tray of drinks and velveeta cheese enchiladas through a dark and over crowded restaurant. I don't know if it's the smell of the chlorinated waterfall or the sopapillas and free toostie rolls that keeps us coming back, but we never miss an opportunity to force our family members to share in the fun.

No comments: