Corduroy blinked. There was a chair and a chest of drawers, and alongside a girl-size bed stood a little bed just the right size for him. The room was small, nothing like that enormous palace in the department store.
"This must be home," he said. "I KNOW I've always wanted a home!"
Lisa sat down with Corduroy on her lap and began to sew a button on his overalls.
"I like you the way you are," she said, "but you'll be more comfortable with your shoulder strap fastened.
"You must be a friend," said Corduroy. "I've always wanted a friend."
"Me too!" said Lisa, and gave him a big hug.
"Corduroy" by Don Freeman
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I hope all is well for you and your family. Was just enjoying your blog and the quote from one of my son's very most favorite books.
Shelby
a PAP with your agency
Post a Comment