Friday, November 27, 2009

the Moment...

It's about one hour before we leave for the airport. This past week I have been swayed by a mix of emotions. Literally their have been moments of just laying my head down on the kitchen counter and taking ten deep breaths, because the world is swaying a little bit. The closer we come to getting on that plane, the better I feel. This is the moment, isn't it? This is when time is suppose to stand still while I completely absorb all that is taking place. Of course, that isn't what happens at all. But this is still the moment, and we have pushed and pulled and fought for this moment and it will happen and it will change our lives forever. I sometimes have this bubble of panic that rise up and fill with all that I still need to conquer and all that is out of my control. And then when I feel like I couldn't take anymore it sort of floats away and 'pops'. Because when the time comes, there is no denying that what you have prepared to do you will have the strength to finish. At one hour till the start of our "amazing race"...I feel totally ready.

Please pray for us friends. Please pray for our little ones in Nebraska. Please pray that these next few days won't be too hard for little Selah. Please pray for our health and safety. Please pray that flights are made and luggage not get lost. I know many of you have been praying for us this entire time, we know because we can feel it. So much of this journey has been out of our control. It blows my mind still of how enjoyable this whole process has been and how quickly our time to get our baby has arrived. So many times I have said "who knew"? I have recently come to understand that "God knew", thank goodness.

Okay...time to hit the showers and then the road. Waiting families...we are so excited to meet your babies and your children. I know this time of waiting is so hard, we will be sure to answer all your questions as best we can.

We love you all,
Anne

5 comments:

Robinsons said...

Praying for you and your family as you embark on your journey!! So excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures!Maybe you can hurry along some referrals while you are there:)Have a great time.

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and to see pictures of your family together!!

The Nagel Family said...

praying - go get her - can't wait to meet her!! love you both!

Unknown said...

Ryan & Anne,

I can hardly wait to meet the newest member of your family!

Rob B

IAN Families said...

I just wanted to let you know that the IAN families blog has been redesigned and new content is being added everyday. You should come by and check it out.

I know that your blog used to be listed in the blog roll. Unfortunately, I had to clear them all out. All the blogs currently listed have given permission to have their photos or posts republished on the IAN families blog. Please let me know if you'd like your blog to be included in the blog roll...thereby giving me permission to "borrow" pics and posts.
-Carey